Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving! Its so nice to spend time with family and friends and reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. There is just so much to be thankful for that I could never write it all.

Of course I'm thankful for the normal things like food, clothing, shelter, family, friends, etc. But since I've started working for Child Protective Services, I have really started to reflect on my life and what a great childhood I had. Of course I suffered a major loss with my mom passing, but overall I had it pretty good. We had a nice house, drug-free parents, and although we weren't rich, we never went without.

Wednesday, I worked at the pharmacy (2nd job) for a few hours. I'm a nationally certified pharmacy technician and i have been working in pharmacies since I was 16. I enjoy it, so I work every other Sunday and sometimes when I have days off at my regular job. Anyway, I worked Wednesday and then packed the car and headed home to Peachtree City! That night, I went to a little get together with my parents and got to see a lot of my friends's parents and catch up.

Thursday, we had Thanksgiving lunch at home. At home, my dad, stepmom, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, baby brother, and Grammy (stepgrandmother) were there. My brother, Philip, couldn't make the trip from Kansas City, so we Skyped with him and his girlfriend. I miss him and hope he can make it home for Christmas! We had a great meal with yummy ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, squash, and dressing. That night, we all watched a movie and went to bed.

Friday, my dad worked on my car putting on new brakes and doing a "tune up." So nice that he can do that kind of stuff and I don't have to pay expensive labor charges at a mechanic. He spent a lot of time on it and I'm so thankful he did that. My brakes were pretty bad and squeaking alot, so I feel much safer now! After he finished, I headed back to Augusta.

It was a nice visit at home. Everyone pretty much got along, even the 3 dogs! I wish I had taken pictures so this wasn't such a boring post. I think my dad got some, so I will have to borrow his camera next time I am there to upload photos.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that everyone took some time out of their day to say "thanks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment