Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just a Lazy Day

I cherish my weekends. When you work 40+ hours a week at a pretty stressful job, those 2 days off in a row are the most amazing thing in the world. This week coming up will be a 4 day week because Friday is a lovely furlough day. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a day off without pay. We have a furlough day once a month and its always linked with a weekend (Friday or Monday) and I look forward to them. Most people hate them because it means the furlough paycheck is less money, but I think the day off is worth it. I started my job with furloughs, so I don't miss the money I never had in the first place :) Because Monday is the 4th of July, I have a furlough Friday and holiday Monday which means a 4 day weekend!! I'm so excited to go home and see the family, especially this little cutie!


My parents are moving this weekend, so it will be so weird to go "home" and it not really be "home." They are really excited though, so I am happy for them. Now that Sean (above) is the only one in the house, my parents no longer need the 6 bedroom house they bought when they got married in 2002. They are moving to the next neighborhood over into a house with a pool...so jealous! Guess I'll be making more time to go home during the summer!

As much as I love my family and going home, its hard to do it. Like I said, my weeks are busy and now that I'm an "adult" I do laundry and grocery shopping on weekends and making the 3 hour drive home just seems hard to fit in. I used to go home once a month or even more often...now its about every 3 months or on holidays and special occasions. I was there in May for Sean's first Communion and Mother's Day. I also was able to meet up with my parents and Sean at Seabrook Island, SC for Memorial Day. I'll see them next weekend since I have a 4 day weekend and I want to see the new house with stuff in it!


Sean at Seabrook Island. That's a Chinese food box, but its a snow cone. Such a cute idea! I think it had some kind of wax layer on the inside so it didn't soak through. You can probably tell I LOVE my baby brother. I always tell him he's my favorite youngest brother.

Before Sean was born, I always felt a little left out. My dad and stepmom had each other, my brother and stepbrother had each other and my sister and stepsister had each other and I was the odd one out. I'm sure that was me being a dramatic teenager, but when Sean came along, I felt like I finally had my own "partner" in the family. We talk on the phone a lot and I send him little packages in the mail when I can. I miss him, can't wait to see him! I have lots of exciting stuff coming up including a trip, so I really hope to keep up with the blog and have interesting stuff to write about! Guess we will wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment