Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011 Part 3

Tuesday, July 12, Hannah and I left the coffee shop with Aunt Emilie and headed to her house in Georgetown, Texas. Aunt Emilie had some things to do, so Hannah and I borrowed her car and went out to do some shopping. We picked up Schlotzsky's Deli for dinner and went back to Emilie's. That night, Hannah and I went through some of Grandma's things and gathered up some photos to keep. We also found some clay bowls that our mom made when she was younger. Hannah and I had no idea that our mom was into pottery and it is so neat to be able to have these items that she made! Mom carved her initials and the year she made them in the bottom of each item. I got a bowl and a candle holder, Hannah got 2 bowls, and we got 2 more bowls for our brother Philip.

On Wednesday, July 13, we got up and got ready for the day. Grandma's nurse, Ashley, came by the house so we could meet her. She had been helping Grandma for several months. It was so nice to meet Ashley and listen to her stories about Grandma. Hannah and I thanked her for taking care of Grandma and being so sweet with her. After Ashley left, Aunt Amanda and Ella came to Emilie's house and we loaded up the car to head to Dallas. We made the 4 hour drive and arrived at our cousin Tim's house around dinner time. Tim and his wife Annie have 2 children, Jack (4) and Mary Tutt (2). This is Ella, Mary Tutt, Hannah, and Jack:

We ordered pizza and just hung out with Tim and Annie and the kids. They are so cute! Here's another...this is Ella, Jack, Mary Tutt, and Aunt Emilie:


Amanda, Ella, Emilie, Hannah, and I left Tim and Annie's house and went to our hotel. We unloaded the car and hung out in the room for a bit and went to bed early to prepare for the long day ahead!

On Thursday, July 14, we all got up early, loaded the car, and hit the road to Kansas City, Missouri. We stopped at Whole Foods, an organic grocery store. We all got breakfast burritos (a Texas breakfast staple) and coffee. We got some trail mix and other snacks for the road and got back in the car for the 9 hour drive. It was a long and somewhat uncomfortable ride. We had 5 people (4 adults) in a Toyota Camry. Hannah, Ella, and I were in the back seat. I did a lot of reading and sleeping on the ride. About halfway through the ride, we stopped at Braum's for lunch. They had burgers and chicken sandwiches and ice cream. After lunch, we got back on the road to finish the drive.

We arrived in Kansas City, Missouri around dinner time and met up with our brother Philip. Next up, our night in Kansas City and trip to Iowa City, Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment