Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011 Part 4

Thursday, July 14, after the loooooonnnnngggg car ride from Dallas, we finally arrived in Kansas City, Missouri. Aunt Amanda dropped Hannah and I off to meet our brother Philip. He picked us up and we went to his house. Philip had worked all day and wanted to shower so Hannah and I hung out with his roommate. After Philip got ready, he took us to his girlfriend Sydney's house. Sydney and her family were really sweet. We hung out with them for a little while and then Philip took Hannah and I to our grandparents's house. Grandma and Grandpa are my dad's parents and they always let us stay with them when we are in Kansas City. Here they are with all 8 grandchildren:


Hannah and I stayed at their house Thursday night and Philip went back to his house. Friday morning, Grandpa took Hannah and I to Enterprise to pick up our rental car for the weekend. After getting the car, Hannah and I went to Zona Rosa , a huge outdoor shopping center near Grandma and Grandpa's house. I got some cute sandals at Forever 21 for $7 and I was pretty excited. After shopping, Hannah and I went to Pizza Shoppe, our absolute favorite place to eat in Kansas City! Our dad actually worked at Pizza Shoppe when he was in high school and for a few years after. When Philip first moved to Kansas City, he worked there also. The pizza is so good but we go for the salads. Pizza Shoppe has their own salad dressing, simply called "Pink Stuff." It is a thick, creamy, garlicy dressing and it is amazing! The salads are pretty simple, lettuce, black olives, pepperonis, bacon bits, and mozzarella cheese, but they are so good because of the dressing. After lunch, Hannah and I went to Philip's house. He worked a half day and then went home to get ready for our next road trip. Philip, Hannah, and I were happy to all be back together again! Here we are:


 We loaded up the car and started the drive to Iowa City, Iowa. This ride was much easier because it was just 3 of us in the car and it was only a 4 hour drive! Next up, our weekend in Iowa City!

No comments:

Post a Comment